Minecraft Pocket Edition Updated With Bug Fixes, Baby Animals, and More
Time wasters rejoice! Minecraft Pocket Edition has received a heft little update, chock full of new blocks, creatures, and more. I’ve been strong and avoided this time pit, but it’s getting harder by the update.
Version 0.6.0 is now available to download in the Play store and hosts a whole slew of new features.
New in versions 0.6.0:
- Baby animals
- Fancy clouds
- Improved D-pad
- Stonecutter for crafting stone blocks
- Sheep can be colored with dyes
- New block types: Netherrack, Nether Brick, Block of Quartz with 2 variants (pillar and chiseled), mossy/cracked Smooth Stone Brick variants (creative only), chiseled/smooth Sandstone variants
- New stairs: Nether Brick, Sandstone, Smooth Stone Brick, Quartz
- New slabs: Sandstone
- New item: Nether Brick (smelted from netherrack and crafted into nether brick tile)
- Upside-down stairs, corner stairs
- Slabs can be placed in up position (needs testing on small screens)
- Sand and Gravel are affected by gravity
- Recipes for crafting slabs give 6 slabs instead of 3 (as in PC version)
- Nether Reactor spawns Netherrack blocks instead of Obsidian
- The fog and sky color have changed
- The Nether Reactor now spawns more items
- Cows drop Leather
- Melons had several bugs where they would spawn too fast and where they shouldn’t
It’s also important to note that the latest version of MPE requires Android 2.3 or later and will no longer support any version below that.
To grab the latest version of Minecraft Pocket Edition, follow the Play link below.