Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 to Debut at Mobile World Congress 2013
The guys over at SamMobile have uncovered information on an upcoming Note device referred to as GT-N5100. It appears the GT-N5100 will be the Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 and is expected to debut at this year’s Mobile World Congress in Barcelona.
I’m actually quite excited about the possibility of an 8-inch Galaxy Note tablet as I believe Samsung sort of dropped the ball with the 10-inch model. The specs look decent and I’m going to go out on a limb here and predict Samsung will make the Note 8.0 an affordable solution competitive with the likes of the Nexus 7.
Uncovered specs for the Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 include:
- Code name: Kona
- Android: version 4.2 Jelly Bean
- Official name: GALAXY Note 8.0 (3G, Wi-Fi)
- Product codes: GT-N5100, GT-N5110
- Battery: 4600 mAh
- Dimension: 211.3×136.3×7.95 mm , 330 gram.
- Display: 8.0”1280×800 TFT (Super Clear LCD)
- GSM networks: EDGE (850/900/1800/1900) HSPA+21.1Mbps, HSUPA 5.76Mbps (850/900/1900/2100)
- Camera 5 Megapixel (BACK)
- Camera 1.3 megapixel (FRONT)
- RAM + Storage: 2GB (RAM) + 16/32GB (optional) + microSD (up to 32GB)
- Connections: BT 4.0, USB 2.0, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, A-GPS
If Samsung drops this bad boy into the market for under $299, I’ll be all over it. Any more expensive than $349 and I’ll have to pass. How about you, at what price point does this thing have to come in for you to consider it a viable option?
It’s at least good to know Samsung has another option for us to consider and we should get to see it fairly soon.